How do I cancel my subscription / membership?
There are three ways to cancel your subscription to a Gumroad Membership:
- Through your receipt
- Through your library (only applicable if you have a Gumroad account)
- Through the creator of the Membership
To clarify, cancellation does not mean you are automatically getting a refund. Cancelling a subscription merely means you will no longer be charged recurring payments. You still need to ask the creator of the product for a refund, should you need one.
Here are the ways to cancel your Membership in detail:
1. Cancel from your receipt
Go to your latest charge receipt and click "Manage membership" at the bottom of the email:
Then, in the next screen, select Cancel subscription:
2. Cancel the Membership from your library:
It's likely that when you first purchased this subscription product, you created a Gumroad account. The account you created will be under the email address where you are receiving Gumroad receipts.
- First go to the Gumroad login screen to login to your account. If you do not remember your password, click Forgot your password? You do not need to login with Facebook or Twitter.
- Go to your Gumroad Library.
- Click the icon representing the product you are subscribed to.
- Click Manage membership and then the Cancel subscription button.
3. Email the creator and ask for a cancellation
Their email address is in the "reply-to" of your receipt. (see screenshot) Or, simply reply directly to your email receipt.
Before you can say, "Bye Bye Walter Whisker!" You'll receive an email notification of the cancellation once it has gone through successfully.