How do I send my Gumroad purchase to my Kindle?
You've purchased a .mobi or PDF file and you'd like to read it onto your Kindle. But how?
Quick notes before we begin:
- ePub files do not work on Kindle, if you have mistakenly purchased an ePub file and need a .mobi or PDF please contact the seller.
- Gumroad can only send files 16 MB in size or smaller. If your ebook is larger than that we are unable to send it to Kindle. If the Send to Kindle button is not appearing in your Library, please verify the size of the file you have purchased.
Luckily, there are many ways to get a file onto your Kindle. Here are two that we recommend:
From your Gumroad Library
2. From Settings, go to Personal Document Settings and add email@example.com under Approved Personal Document E-mail List.
3. Go to the download page of your product. You can find the link to this page in your emailed receipt, or by going to the Library of your Gumroad account, if you made an account after your purchase.
4. Click the three dots next to your file, and then the Send to Kindle button. Again, this will only work for MOBI and PDF files, not EPUBS.
5. Enter your Kindle's email address. You can find this email address in your Amazon account. Click Your Devices in the Manage Your Devices menu. Hint: It will be something like "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Click the green checkmark to send the file to your Kindle.
Send it as an Email Attachment
- Download your Gumroad purchase to your desktop.
- Go to Amazon.com, log in, and go to Manage Your Devices. Click Your Devices to find your Kindle email address. Take note of your Kindle email address.
- Click Settings, scroll to Personal Document Settings, and find your Approved Personal Document E-Mail List.
- Now open your email client (Gmail, Hotmail, Juno etc.) and create a message from your approved email address to your Kindle email address. Attach your purchased Gumroad file. Do not include a subject line or message.
- On your Kindle, press the Menu button, and then select Sync & Check for Items.
Using the Send To Kindle App
- Download and install Send to Kindle for your desktop.
- Download your purchase from your Gumroad email receipt or library.
- Drag and drop your purchase onto the Sent to Kindle application.
For other options, see Amazon's Send To Kindle page.