How do I send my Gumroad purchase to my Kindle?
If you've purchased a .mobi or a PDF file, you can send it to your Kindle directly from your Gumroad Library.
NOTE: ePub files do not work on Kindle. If you have mistakenly purchased an ePub file and need a .mobi or PDF, please contact the seller.
ALSO NOTE: Gumroad can only send files 16 MB in size or smaller. If your ebook is larger than that, we are unable to send it to Kindle. If the Send to Kindle button is not appearing in your Library, please verify the size of the file you have purchased.
Sending to Kindle from your Gumroad Library
1. In your Amazon account, go to Your Content and Devices.
2. From Privacy Settings, go to Amazon Devices Privacy and click Manage Settings. Add firstname.lastname@example.org under Approved Personal Document E-mail List.
3. Go to the download page of your product. You can find the link to this page in your emailed receipt, or by going to the Library of your Gumroad account, if you made an account after your purchase.
4. Click on your product's tile in your Gumroad Library and click the Send to Kindle button.
5. Enter your Kindle's email address. You can find this email address in your Amazon account. Click Your Devices in the Manage Your Devices menu. Hint: It will be something like "email@example.com"
Click the green checkmark to send the file to your Kindle.
Sending to Kindle it as an Email Attachment
- Download your Gumroad purchase to your desktop.
- Go to Amazon.com, log in, and go to Manage Your Devices. Click Your Devices to find your Kindle email address. Take note of your Kindle email address.
- Click Settings, scroll to Personal Document Settings, and find your Approved Personal Document E-Mail List.
- Now open your email client (Gmail, Hotmail, Juno etc.) and create a message from your approved email address to your Kindle email address. Attach your purchased Gumroad file. Do not include a subject line or message***.
- On your Kindle, press the Menu button, and then select Sync & Check for Items.
*** If your purchased product is a PDF: PDFs can be converted to the Kindle format so you can take advantage of functionality such as variable font size, annotations, and Whispersync. To have a document converted to Kindle format (.azw), the subject line should be "convert" when e-mailing a personal document to your Send-to-Kindle address.
Using the Send To Kindle App
- Download and install Send to Kindle for your desktop.
- Download your purchase from your Gumroad email receipt or library.
- Drag and drop your purchase onto the Sent to Kindle application.
For other options, see Amazon's Send To Kindle page.
When email doesn't work
You've tried everything from above but still the eBook won't arrive in your Kindle? A workaround for such cases is to download the .MOBI file to your laptop/desktop and transfer it to your Kindle with a USB cable.